Homeless Hope is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is focused on supporting the needs of the homeless community in the United States of America. Since 2005, this organization has reached out to the homeless community by provided them with food, clothing, blankets, toiletries, and other items to meet their needs. This is a Christian organization managed by individuals who have a passion to support the ministry of serving the neediest people in our nation.
Homeless Hope was started during the winter season of 2005, when Andrew and Sharon Blount started a family tradition of delivering food, clothing, and toiletries to the homeless every Christmas. Friends and family were invited to participate and every year it grew bigger and bigger.
The small beginning of this program started in the Blount's living room has grown steadily each year. Tucker Jones got involved and with God's grace he has helped take this small homebound ministry and launched it into a 501(c)(3) organization with the opportunity to reach more people and have a greater impact on the community. So far in 2011, we have supplied over 700 homeless people with warm clothes, blankets, toiletries and food. The economy has greatly impacted the support of the homeless community, and our organization uses more than 95% of the money collected to directly impact this community in need. All members and volunteers of the non-profit volunteer their time, services and money to the charitable organization, and all money donated goes directly to purchasing clothing, toiletries, food and other items for homeless people.
We are proud of this ministry, but we take no credit for this ministry, because it is in fact God's ministry that He put in each of our hearts. The following are scripture verses from the Bible that explain why we all should go out of our way to serve those in need.
- Matthew 25:37-40: Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go visit you? The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me..
- Isaiah 58:7: "Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help."
- Matthew 19:21: Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
- Proverbs 14:31: "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."
- Proverbs 28:27. "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses"
- Deuteronomy 15:7-8: If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs."
- Proverbs 28:27: "If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered."